The Traveler's Joy staff shares five of its favorite things about Maui -- our most popular honeymoon destination. From favorite restaurants to scenic drives, newlyweds and travelers alike must check out these incredible spots on Hawaii's second-largest island.
1. Road to Hana. Simply one of the world's most beautiful drives. Pace yourself as you wind down the coast. You'll need plenty of time to stop at hidden waterfalls, roadside stands, and jaw-dropping vistas.
2. Grandma's Coffee House. Perched 2,500 feet above sea level, this is a memorable roadside spot to grab a fresh cup of java. The delicious coffee comes right from the slopes of Mt. Haleakala.
3. Hali'imaile General Store. Serving regional cuisine with a few creative twists, this gorgeous and laid-back dining destination is set amidst the pineapple fields of upcountry Maui. Truly a culinary gem.
4. Maui Crafts Guild. A fantastic store for local, handcrafted art. The guild is owned and operated by local artists and features a wide range of items, including ceramics, jewelry, woodwork, and photography. After picking up some new artwork, be sure to walk around colorful Paia with its many restaurants and unique shops.
5. Travaasa Hana. Drop your bags at this charming and relaxing resort, located on the far eastern tip of Maui. Local activities include horseback riding, culinary programs, lei making, and a full slate of spa experiences. A perfect choice for honeymoon couples who truly want to get away from it all.
Got a favorite spot on Maui? Tell us over on Facebook!
Photo Credits: 2 - Lottie Tagupa 3 - Bev Gannon Restaurants 4 - Maui Crafts Guild 5 - Travaasa Resorts